Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Money Making Monday



Monday was a fabulous day! The third graders were making a store for the second graders in math and this is the one I made for them. I grabbed this picture from Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog.  I grabbed the moon globe, a Geronimo Stilton book, and a Mobi View.  I made this story for the second graders, but lets see if you can answer it first. Bill gave the clerk a $3.00 bill.



                                                        Photo by: Mrs. Yollis   



                                               How much change did Bill get? 
                                        Do you know why I named Bill that name?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Parsa,

    I built a store, too. I like your selling products. The answer to your first question is, $1.24 in change. You add, $1.39+$0.37 you get,$1.76. Subtract $1.76 from Bill's $3.00, and you get, $1.24 in change. You also asked why you named him Bill. You named him Bill because it sounds like the dollar bill.

    Was there another reason you called him Bill?

    Your best friend,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ryan,

      No, their was not another reason that I called him Bill! You also got the answer right! Do you have a name for your story?

      Sincerely,
      Parsa

      Delete